The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
Last two weeks on the blog:
- Reviews: Phobic by Cortney Pearson, A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin, YOLO Juliet by Shakespeare/Brett Wright, The Cage by Megan Shepherd, World After by Susan Ee, and Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer.
- Book Blitzes: Ghosts of July by Megan Applegate and Aftermath by Tom Lewis
- Waiting on Wednesday: Glittering Shadows by Jaclyn Dolamore and Bits and Pieces by Jonathan Maberry
- Promo Posts: Revolution by Randi Cooley Wilson and Spelled by Betsy Schow
- Summer COYER Challenge Sign Up
I got a total of 3 reviews a week for the last two weeks, although one was a mini-review of a sampler, and another was a review of an audiobook. Hoping to keep that up this summer now that school is out. I didn’t blog every day though. Even though I’m out of school, I’ve asked for more hours at my part time job at the bookstore, and I have been going back into my school to do inventory in the library. I joined the COYER Challenge again to try to get more of my ebooks read! I was on vacation over Memorial Day weekend as well, so didn’t stress too much about getting reviews done while I was there.
This week on the blog:
- Review and Blog Tour for The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- Review: The Rose Master by Valentino Cano
- Possible Reviews: Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan or The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Maybe Cover Characteristic: green covers
- Maybe Top 10 Tuesday
For once I don’t have a whole bunch of things planned for the blog this week. And I actually only have a couple of egalleys to review in the next week or so. And I’m hoping to get lots of reading done this week. I”m also listening to another audio book, and if I get out and walk this week, I’ll probably continue listening to it. May get it done and reviewed, but we’ll see.
My fit/walking goals:
As you can tell I haven’t done much walking the last two weeks. Partly from being busy, partly from all the rain. I hope to get out and get walking this week. As well as start cooking more healthy food at home instead of eating out all the time.
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. Let’s just say that the last two weeks have been one of the biggest hauls I’ve had in a long time. No BEA this year. 🙁 But I got a box of books I won as well as it is our special employee appreciation days at the bookstore, so I get 40% instead of just 30% off of books for the week, and I’ve already done some buying.
These are all the books from my first employee appreciation days purchase, other than the ones I purchased for the library where I work, here is a list of them:
- The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor Part 2 by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga – was on the bargain table for $4.98 I think. With my 40% off it was only like $3.
- Fierce Reads: Kisses and Curses I saw this one and had to have it!
- Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King – My mom got this on her Nook, but you can’t share it. And, we own all the other Stephen King books, so I went ahead and bought it with my really great discount.
- Write it Down, Make it Happen by Henriette Anne Klauser – A friend said this was really helpful to her when trying to set goals and work to achieve them, as well as not getting frustrated as she worked on them.
- End of Days by Susan Ee – Since I just finished the 2nd book, I had to move on. This paperback was only $9, so $6 with my discount, I had to go ahead and get it.
- As you can see I got two bobble heads, Mulder and Scully from The X-Files, one of my favorite shows of all time, again at 40% off.
- I also got a really funny bookmark that says “My workout is reading in bed until my arms hurt.”
- Vendetta by Catherine Doyle (ARC)
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (ARC)
- Fire and Flood and Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott (ARCs)
- Zodiac by Romina Russell
- The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
- The Luxe by Anna Godberson
I also won a copy of Vostok by Steve Alten, a favorite author of mine, from iRead Book Tours.
Even though I have an e-galley of Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella, when I saw a physical ARC on the table at the bookstore for us to take, I had to grab it. Here is a blurry photo of the ARC and to the left of the picture, a fancy little box it came in.
The first two are egalleys I got from Edelweiss, the third one was a free Kindle book.
So, tons of physical books the past two weeks, not so many e-books/galleys, so good thing for the most part.
What did you add to your shelves this week?