Top Ten Tuesday is sponsored by The Broke and The Bookish. The goals can be bookish, blogging, or anything else. So here goes!
- I want to continue to do at least 2 book reviews on my blog every week. Along with that, I want to try to have a post every day of the year. To do that, I am going to try to do as many scheduled posts as I can. Possibly to try to have at least 10 ready to go at all time, and when one is used, then I will make another one.
- My Goodreads goal was 125 this year, as of the time that I am posting this, I’ve read 136 books, and the year is not over. For 2015, I want to bump it up to 130. I know that is below how many I ended up reading this year, but I hate to set a too high goal. What do you think?
- I’m participating in the Winter 2014-2015 COYER Challenge to help clean out all those e-books that I download when they’re free. I will probably try to participate in this if it is offered for other times during the year.
- I haven’t signed up yet, but I think I will sign up for another TBR Pile Challenge, I have a lot of books I really need to get to.
- I’m up in the air about my September Sequels Challenge. I think I need to do it, but it really messed up my schedule of reading this past year. Partly because it interrupted my getting through the ARCs I’d picked up at BEA. So, that is in the air, but I will probably do it again, as I am not going to BEA this year, so won’t have that same issue.
- I am working with an artist friend of mine to re-do the banner and button for my blog. I want to add the dogs I have now, and make a few other changes. Only issue will be with how to add it, and if I’ll have to have the person who did my current design add them or if I can figure it out. What I like is that for the price my friend quoted me, I will have the image of the banner that I can then use for a Facebook page, or for business cards, etc. My current banner I do not have the image for, so when I tried to use it for my Facebook page, I was unable to use it. That’s the reason I don’t really have a Facebook page for my blog.
- I want to work more on my Instagram presence.
- I need to start my walking 20 miles a week again, and working on what I’m eating. I’d really like to lose some weight. Even if I don’t lose any weight, I have a goal that by summer I will be able to be okay enough with myself that I can wear a swimsuit in public. I am tired of not doing any swimming because I hate the site of myself in a swimsuit. So that is working on my brain more than just my body itself.
- I want to start saving money so that I can attend the Annual ALA Convention in the summer of 2016 because it is in Orlando. I want to go down a week early, or stay a week after the convention so that I can go to the Harry Potter park and all the other Disneyworld and Universal Studio attractions.
- Revise the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo this past year enough to where I feel okay letting someone else read it to tell me if it is even worth working on anymore.
So those are my goals. I would love to put something about getting more ARCs requested from publishers, but I don’t know how to go about that, and feel weird asking for them. I feel greedy to email and ask. What are your goals for the year? Bookish or otherwise?