New month, new blog banner! Of course the awesome banner was not done by me, it was done by Michelle at Lima Bean Designs and I am in LOVE with it! I could not wait to put it up!
September dragged on for me. I think it was because I was so ready for fall weather but it seemed until almost the very last week we kept getting hot summer weather. Once again my reading was down, but that was due to just not having as much reading time, as well as some nights I was so exhausted I didn’t feel like reading before bed for an hour like I usually do. I go to bed an hour before I want to sleep just so I can read. But I went to bed that early and just went to sleep I was so tired on a couple nights. There were also a few days at work I didn’t get to have a lunch break where I could sit and read, so that hurt reading time as well.
I did have a DNF too that might have taken away some reading time for finished books too. I actually read one more than number of books I read last month, 15. Of the 18 books I listed as possible reads for this month, I only read 10. A few actually didn’t come out this month yet, one I didn’t get till late from Netgalley, and another was an ARC I had a little trouble getting into right away.
- # of pages read: 3,380
- Amount of time spent listening to audiobooks (This could include some time spent last month listening as well since I only count the books when I finish them): 28 hours
- [1 Sep] Bitter Sweet Heart by H. Hunting ★★★★½
- [3 Sep] Monsters Born and Made by Tanvi Berwah ★★★★½
- [7 Sep] Seoulmates by Susan Lee ★★★★★
- [9 Sep] Ship Happens by Kate Stacy ★★★★½
- [12 Sep] The Killing Code by Ellie Marney ★★★★½
- [14 Sep] The Hometown Dilemma by Julie Archer ★★★½
- [17 Sep] A Merry Little Meet Cute by Julie Murphy, Sierra Simone ★★★★★
- [21 Sep] Spells for Lost Things by Jenna Evans Welch ★★★★★
- [22 Sep] Kissing Games by Evie Alexander ★★★★★
- [24 Sep] Just Date and See by Portia MacIntosh ★★★½
- [28 Sep] Sharkbait by Erin Mallon ★★★★★
- [29 Sep] The Book Boyfriend by Kate Stacy ★★★★★
I don’t know why I keep doing this since I’m not getting anymore completed, lol.
Still working on the one I started last month, so still only 4 out of 12 for the year.
- Blogging: Still at 79% on Netgalley.
- Reading: As I mentioned last month, I bumped my goal up to 210. I’m currently on track, not ahead anymore.
- Writing: I might be planning to do NaNoWriMo? Also I won/purchased a cover design during another charity auction, so I now have a cover for the YA novel I’ve finished and am working on polishing up to self publish.
What to Expect in October
Well, my 50th birthday is on the 22nd, so that’s kinda big. Maybe I’ll do a giveaway for that.
Here is my proposed TBR for September: (The first 3 are carryovers from last month)
- The Sacrifice by Rin Chupeco – The publisher sent me an ARC and I’m going to give this author one more try, and post a review beginning of October.
- The Second Death of Edie and Violet Bond by Amanda Glaze – another ARC from the publisher, hope to read and review at the beginning of October
- Big Bad by Lily Anderson – I got the ARC through a trade I think? Started last month, maybe a review the beginning of the month if I get it done?
- The Secret Roommate by Sara Ney – I’m on the author’s review team and should be reading and posting a review on the pub date of October 4th
- Love & Agita by Grayson Avery – a blog tour review on October 6th
- The Witch Hunt by Sasha Peyton Smith – the publisher sent me the ARC of this sequel to a book from last year. I hope to read and post a review by the 8th
- When Life Gives You Vampires by Gloria Duke – an ARC I got at Book Bonanza that I hope to read and post a review by the 10th
- The Runaway Groomsman by Meghan Quinn – reading for the author’s review team and blog tour review on the 11th
- Princess of Souls by Alexandra Christo – I think I won this from Bookish First, it’s a finished copy I hope to read and post the review on the 14th
- How to Succeed in Witchcraft – another finished copy I think I got from Bookish First. Hope to read to post a review on the 15h or 16th.
- Drizzle, Dreams, and Lovestruck Things by Maya Prasad – I got 3 ARCs of this, two from the publisher and one from a trade on Twitter. Hoping to read and review by the 17th
- A Cosmic Kind of Love by Samantha Young – I’m on this author’s review team and should be posting a review on the 18th
- Lost Track by Heidi Hutchinson – SPR blog tour review on the 19th
- Scoring Chance by Teagan Hunter – should hopefully be reading for a blog tour review on the 20th
- Not Since Ewe by Susanna Nix – SPR blog tour review on the 21st
- Folk Around and Find Out by Penny Reid – maybe for a blog tour review on the 22nd, my birthday?
- Play Smart by Aly Stiles – SPR blog tour review on the 26th
- Wait for Me by Sara Shepard – ARC from publisher for review on the 29th I hope!
- Ex Appeal by Cathy Yardley – should be reading for a blog tour review on November 1st
- Also any audiobooks I listen to and any books I can get through for my library committee.
So, how was your September? Did you get all the reading you wanted done? What are you looking forward to in October? Are you getting fall weather yet?
Below are ARCs I’ve finished and also a couple of finished copies, the winner will get to pick out 3 books from the list. There may even be a few more choices by the end of the month! I will make the giveaway international in that you can pick a book for under $10 if The Book Depository ships to you. Just fill out the Rafflecopter below the picture. I might even do a second winner if we can get over 100 entries into the rafflecopter by the end of the month, we had over 100 in June, August, and September, so I did pick two winners from those Wrap-Up giveaways.a Rafflecopter giveaway