Earth Has Become Asphyxiated by Man’s Drive for Energy and Technology
In this page-turning post-apocalyptic thriller, the fight for survival is tantamount as characters dodge mutant creatures, armed militant groups and earth-scouring Doomstorms.
Forgive Us by E.T. Gunnarsson
Audiobook Release May 2021
Set nearly 100 years into the future, the earth has been decimated by pollution and civilization has fallen into ruin. The war between nature and humanity has no winner. Humanity’s drive for energy and technology was its downfall. In this polluted world, survivors fight on and endure the world destroyed by their ancestors. From what was left, they will rebuild and struggle to make a better place for their descendants.
Four characters in three intertwining time periods fight for survival on a toxic planet:
2099: Oliver: A lone survivor, raising civilization from the ashes.
2154: London and Rose: Nomads caught between warring factions.
2185: Simon: A space station technician initiating a revolution.
Together they may be the last hope for humanity.
A compelling and action-packed novel where nothing less than humanity is at stake. For those who have read The Gunslinger and Mad Max, Forgive Us presents a similar ride that spans three generations of a destroyed earth.
- Where/When do you best like to write? For some reason, I can get into the zone in places I don’t do other things in. I have a hard time writing at my desk, couch, or bed because I sleep in my bed, game at my desk, and watch TV at my couch. I once finished an entire chapter at a tire shop.
- Do you have any interesting writing habits or superstitions? If a book follows the Gregorian calendar and makes it clear (like any book in the Odemark series), then something bad generally happens in the book on September 8th or during December/New Years.
- When you are struggling to write/have writer’s block, what are some ways that help you find your creative muse again? Sometimes inspiration strikes me and I can write, or sometimes music can help me enter the zone. If I am really struggling, either I have to wait for time to break the block, or I have to just start writing. It all depends on what’s going on at the time.
- What inspired your story? For Forgive Us, there were many inspirations I had for the book, both consciously and subconsciously. The movies 9 and Wall-E were pretty big influences, while games like the Fallout series (especially New Vegas) served as material for the foundation of my worldbuilding. A few instances of my life go into my books, such as characters having some of the traits and personality quirks that I have.
- On a Friday night, what are you most likely to be doing? There are three things I’ll be doing. If it’s night, I’m usually doing writing or doing my work for the day. This means I’m either out at my dojo practicing Judo or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or at home gaming or researching something.
About the Author:
E.T. Gunnarsson is an 18-year-old post-apocalyptic thriller author who suffers from dysgraphia and cannot write by hand easily. He grew up on a horse-rescue ranch in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. He is a home/ online schooler and will soon pursue college online.
He is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, a brown belt in Judo, and trained with the Judo and Grecco-Roman Wrestling Olympic teams at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Knowledgeable in Norse mythology and religion (he writes in Futhark!), he manages an online community for Norse pagans. Forgive Us is his first book. Abandon Us, the prequel to Forgive Us, is scheduled for release early 2022.
About the Narrator:
Audiobook Narrator Craig Bowles is a graduate of The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London, where he gained a BA in Acting. His talents are focused on the creation of audiobooks and other voice work. He likes nothing better than getting totally immersed in a great story. The winning combination of superb acting skills and a love of literature, allows him to create high quality audiobooks with his rich, silvery, properly British voice.
Praise for Forgive Us:
“Readers seeking a solid work of social evolution, technological advancement, and dystopian power struggles will find Forgive Us a compelling piece that draws the reader with realistic characters and a satisfyingly complex series of subplots.” — Midwest Book Review
“Author E. T. Gunnarsson delivers a powerhouse of post-apocalyptic prose in this highly engrossing and cinematically styled novel…For its edge-of-your-seat thrills, inviting character work and deep conceptual realism, I would highly recommend Forgive Us to fans of dystopian worlds, suspenseful horror and for survival fiction fans everywhere.” — Readers’ Favorite
“The world-building was phenomenal in this brilliant and entertaining novel. The author gave readers exceptional characters that drove the story forward and allowed them to form a relationship with each of them…Forgive Us is an incredibly complex yet refreshing story!” — Readers’ Favorite