I like the idea of this challenge, it ties in with some of my own blogging/reading goals for the year. As long as I can fit it all in with my review books, I should be able to do it! It’s being sponsored by Olivia at Olivia’s Catastrophe. Here is the info from her blog post:
The catastrophe the read-a-thon is
centered around is the TBR Catastrophe! To help solve it we are going to
be reading books that have been on our TBRs for too long.
14th – 28th of February. Two weeks of reading!
You can use this hashtag on Twitter,
bookstagram or booktube if you’re sharing or participating on those
sites! The hashtag is #catreadathon
You can read whatever you want, but here are 7 reading challenges to keep you busy.
- Read your oldest unread book
- Read a 400+ tome
- Cover Buy
- So old you don’t know where it’s from
- An author you know and love
- A new to you author
- A hyped book
Okay, here are my proposed books to read:
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Rabbit and Robot by Andrew Smith
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
- Okay, so there aren’t any books I don’t know where they came from. Instead I’ll just pick one from a series I need/want to read on in: Riot by Jamie Shaw
- Moonlight Sins by Jennifer L. Armentrout – didn’t know if I’d read this one, but now I really want to after reading about the newest book in the series.
- Hot Winter Nights by Codi Gary – it’s a short book that I want to check out!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, I’ve owned it for a while. Even accidentally bought a new copy of it when it came out with a pink/red cover instead of the original green one. So yeah, I need to read it.
Hopefully I can fit it in with whatever I need to read, I’m a little ahead of my review books at the moment, so I’ll try to keep ahead as much as I can, maybe get further ahead if I can! Maybe I’ll even change one of the choices above to a audible book I purchased so I can listen to one.
There are some blog challenges too, I am going to maybe join into these:
16th: 400+ Tomes: Show us the top 5 big books on your TBR.
18th: Cover Buy Discussion: Do covers matter? Show us some bad books with pretty covers and great books with ugly covers.
20th: Can’t remember where it came from: Tell us where you buy your books and why there?
22nd: Author you know and love: Show us books by your favourite authors you have yet to read!
24th: New to you authors: Show us books on your TBR by authors you’ve never read before!
26th: The Hype Discussion: Are you more or less likely to pick up a book when it is hyped? What hyped books did you like/not like?
28th: Wrap Up: Share your wrap up of the read-a-thon.
There is a Bookstagram challenge. I’m not great about keeping up with those, but it would be fun to try.