The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. As I mentioned last time I did this, about two weeks ago, I think I want to try to start doing this post again. Will just depend on time though. I keep having some issues with either tours getting postponed, or finding that for some reason I wrote down a tour, but am not actually scheduled for it. So this week I’m ending up with three days that have nothing on them. I won’t stress if I don’t have time to fill them in.
This week was not the greatest. We had Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday. And then it was so cold on Tuesday that they cancelled school. So it was a three day week, which was nice. We had a snow day the week before as well. Friday, when I was taking my trash out, I did something to my back, twisted or sprained/strained a muscle. It was so bad that I went to Urgent Care Friday afternoon. The doctor gave me a muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory, and today I’m feeling a lot better. Still hurts though. I didn’t get much writing done last week. 🙁 Not sure how much I’ll get done this coming week either. But I am hoping to get another sewing lesson from my mom. Next weekend I’m scheduled to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at my 2nd job. Which sucks, because it means I won’t have any days off after today for about two weeks. We’ll see if my back is all better by then, I may see about having someone take my hours if possible for one of those days.
I’ve also found a couple new challenges I might join into. One was a challenge that the faculty sponsor for our LGBTQ club at school set for them, it was to read 10 LGBTQ books this year. I am going to count Meet Cute as one, and then read some others like by Adam Silvera, or the one that the movie Love, Simon is going to be based on. The other challenge is one that I will have to see if I can fit in, and it is catching up on series, by reading one a month. I have so many series I either have only read the first book in, or that I want to start, that I am thinking this would be a good one, if I can fit it. If I decide to do it, I’ll do a separate post just for that challenge.
Here’s what you missed last week on my blog:
- Reviews: Crazy, Sexy Notion by Sarah Darlington, Unconditionally by Erin Lyon (giveaway), Three Young Adult ARC Mini-Reviews: Meet Cute, The Hazel Wood, and Love Hate and Other Filters.
- Promo Posts: Always on My Mind by Ali Parker, Searching for Gertrude by D.E. Haggerty, Lions and Tigers and Boys by Tawny Stokes, Sugar Lump by Megan Gaudino, Musings of a Gossip Queen by Victoria Bright, Arachnosaur by Richard Jeffries (giveaway), Pulse by K.E. Osborn, Midnight Blue by L.J. Shen, and On the Edge by Dani Collins (giveaway)
- Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I Wanted to Read in 2017, But Didn’t Get To
- Cover Reveals: Caution on Ice by S.R. Grey, Midnight Blue by L.J. Shen, To New Beginnings by Corinne Mazille, and Recovered by Jay Crownover
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: The Lantern’s Ember by Colleen Houck
Coming up this week on my blog:
- Review: Americanized by Sara Saedi
- Promos: XO Zach by Kendall Ryan, Dear Dwayne, With Love by Eliza Gordon, Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann, and Neesa by Dina Haynes
- Can’t Wait Wednesday
- Possible reviews: Dark Wild Night by Christina Lauren, On the Plus Side by Alison Bliss, Without Merit by Colleen Hoover, Miss Me Not by Tiffany King, Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid, Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia, and Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. I have a few I’ve collected the last two weeks. Here they are:
Both of these were sent from the publisher for me to review.
I won these two books from Take Me Away to a Great Read.
Another book from the publisher.
I won this book from a giveaway on Facebook!
I had already received an ARC of this to read, but the publisher sent me a finished copy as well! I’ll be sure to add this finished copy to my school library where I work.
Also from the publisher.
I’ve got a lot to read as you can see! It’s been a great couple of weeks for free books. The really good thing is that I didn’t buy any of these. 🙂
How was your week? What did you add to your shelves this week?