The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. Busy, busy, busy here again! My April calendar is still looking very full. But oh well, as long as I’m still enjoying it, I’m not too upset about doing lots of blogging.
Last week on the blog:
- Reviews: Elementals 2: The Blood of the Hydra by Michelle Madow (Giveaway), Calendar Girl Vol. 1 by Audrey Carlan (adult romance), Rule (Marked Men #1) by Jay Crownover (New Adult Audiobook), and The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- Cover Characteristic: Alcoholic Beverages
- Waiting on Wednesday: Girl in the Shadows (Girl on a Wire #2) by Gwenda Bond
- Discussion Post: It’s In the Stars – Or Why I Don’t Give Ratings On My Blog
Wow, another week with 4 reviews! I’ve also decided since I used to do mostly YA, that I need to start labeling the books that I wouldn’t recommend to my students because of the sexual content in them. So I’ll probably start labeling with “YA Review” and “NA Review”. One of the books I read, Calendar Girl, probably isn’t New Adult now that I think about it. It is probably more of just an adult romance, probably close to more of an erotica type of story in a way. You’ll notice though that I didn’t really have any posts that were just for promo, although my Blood of the Hydra review is part of a promo tour. My walking was done correctly this week. I got two in. Which is my goal. Almost didn’t though! I’m also writing this in my nice cool house with the air conditioning fixed! So ready for the summer temperatures now. My male dog went to the breeder during the week to hopefully give me some more grandpuppies! While he was on his little “vacation”, I took my other dog to the dog park. There weren’t many dogs there, and she was pretty shy, but it was so much fun to see her able to just run around without having to be on a leash. I wish I had a fenced yard so bad. I have been kind of bad about looking for cheap/free ebooks again, but I’ve been specific about them, so haven’t been as bad as I have been in the past.
This week on the blog:
- Reviews: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey, The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Cover Characteristic: Circus
- Possible reviews: Confess by Colleen Hoover, His Kind of Trouble by Terri L. Austin
The last two possible reviews are both ones that are going pretty quickly, both as I read one before bed, and the other is an audiobook that I’m listening to, and it’s getting to the point where I usually have trouble just stopping listening before I get out of the car. My sister who lives in NYC will be home next weekend to celebrate her birthday, so I’m excited to see her, as well as to have birthday cake! I should also have an end of the month wrap up next weekend, both for my own blog, as well as I need to do something to get some posts shared from those who are participating in the Challenge I’m hosting, “It’s New to Me“. So I’ll probably set up a giveaway and sharing post on Saturday.
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.
- Cool new coloring book, great price on the bargain racks at Barnes and Noble
- The Raven King (The Raven Boys #4) by Maggie Stiefvater – I have been waiting forever for this one! I’m sure I will get it read in the next week or so!
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – I won this from the Hoppy Easter Extravaganza giveaway on the blog Get Your Read On. I’ve already read it, you can read my review if you click on the title of the book above. But now I have a copy to get signed by the author when I go to NOLA Storycon in September, because I had listened to it as a downloaded audiobook from my library.
- Dream On by Kerstin Gier – I was lucky enough to get this in a trade with Fallon from Seeing Double in Neverland blog through Twitter. I love this author so much! And loved the first book! This was like one of my top wishes for ARCs, I gave up an ARC of Ruined by Amy Tintera for it, which was hard, because I did want that one. But I knew this was an ARC I needed to match my ARC of the first book in the series. And I’ll go back and read Ruined from the library probably.
- I won an ARC of The Secrets of Lizzie Borden by Brandy Purdy from a Goodreads giveaway! Yay! Can’t wait to read it!
- I won a copy of The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett through the YA Reads 2015 Debut Author Bash from Alexandra at the Sleeps on Tables blogs.
So, I ended up buying some more books, and getting some ARCs Saturday night when I worked at the bookstore.
- Groovy Abstract Coloring Book – I love the abstract patterns, can’t wait to start coloring in it
- Imagines by Anna Todd – Can’t wait to start reading all these celebrity fan fiction stories!
- Two ARCs: The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight and one I’ve been really hoping for, The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye.