So while August kind of flew by, mostly it felt so long and so stressful getting ready for and then having school start back up! August was my 13th blogoversary though!
Reading was down a little, by number of books, but probably because I had a huge over 700 page anthology to read, and a high fantasy book that took me longer than usual for books. I also had two DNFs, although one I hadn’t actually read in a few months, just decided to go ahead and DNF. I only got 14 compared to the 19 last month. Of the books I listed as possible reads for this month, I read 13. Two I had listed I didn’t actually get copies of and two were DNFs.
- # of pages read: 4,366
- Amount of time spent listening to audiobooks (This could include some time spent last month listening as well since I only count the books when I finish them): 15 hours and 31 minutes
- [1 Aug] Bloody Fool for Love: A Spike Novel by William Ritter ★★★★★
- [2 Aug] The Honeys by Ryan La Sala ★★★★
- [3 Aug] The Right Guy by Mel Walker ★★★½
- [5 Aug] Don't Go to Sleep by Bryce Moore ★★★★★
- [9 Aug] Royally Not Ready by Meghan Quinn ★★★★★
- [9 Aug] The Make Out Artist by Sara Ney ★★★★½
- [13 Aug] Blood Like Fate by Liselle Sambury ★★★★★
- [15 Aug] The Hidden Love by R.J. Gray ★★★½
- [16 Aug] The Reckless Union by Monica Murphy ★★★★
- [18 Aug] Shopping for a Turkey by Julia Kent ★★★★★
- [18 Aug] Shopping for a Highlander by Julia Kent ★★★★★
- [18 Aug] A Rival's Kiss by Maya Hughes ★★★★★
- [18 Aug] Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon ★★★★★
- [18 Aug] Give Love a Chai by Nanxi Wen ★★★★½
- [18 Aug] Below Zero by Ali Hazelwood ★★★★★
- [19 Aug] Smartasses: A Sexy Nerd Rom Com Anthology by Erin Mallon, Avery Flynn, Helena Hunting, Jana Aston, Jiffy Kate, Karen Grey, Kayley Loring, Krystyna Allyn, Penny Reid, Sara Ney, Sonali Dev, Susannah Nix ★★★★½
- [22 Aug] Field Rules by Carla Luna ★★★★★
- [23 Aug] You Get What You Give by Karen Grey ★★★★
- [27 Aug] It's a Widow Thing by Karen Booth
- [27 Aug] Scotsman in the Stacks by Alana Oxford
- [27 Aug] The Promise of Lost Things by Helene Dunbar
- [27 Aug] Lucy Checks In by Dee Ernst
- [27 Aug] The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, Mattias Ripa, Blake Ferris, Anjali Singh
- [29 Aug] The Undead Truth of Us by Britney S. Lewis ★★★★★
- [30 Aug] Moon Dark Smile by Tessa Gratton ★★★½
I’m still behind, and don’t see that changing for a while.
I did start reading one to add to this, but have not finished it yet. So I’m still only at 4 out of 12.
- Blogging: Still at 79% on Netgalley, even though I had finally got to 80% in the middle of August, I got another book and it bumped it back down.
- Reading: I’m still ahead of my goal of 200 on Goodreads. So since it was in the double digits ahead, I went ahead and bumped my goal up to 210 since I’ve read at least that many the last two years and I’ve added books I need to read by the end of the year for the library committee I am on now.
- Writing: I had pretty much convinced myself that I’m done writing. But then, there’s a story idea that’s been in the back of my head for a while, and in a way reminds me of the Ice Planet Barbarian series type of story, so I’m considering maybe doing some plotting with it and maybe doing it for NaNoWriMo this year? We’ll see. Really I have too much reading to do to even think about writing anymore.
Again, based on my time being gone with being back to school, I haven’t done much. One was for a book review at the beginning of the month. And the other was just a basic display of a box of ARCs I got.
What to Expect in September
There’s a lot of books on my review TBR for this month because the new SmartyPants Romance Launch starts this month!
Here is my proposed TBR for September:
- Seoulmates by Susan Lee – an ARC from the publisher I hope to read and post a review on the 7th.
- Ship Happens by Kate Stacy – for a blog tour review on the 9th
- The Killing Code by Ellie Marney – ARC from the publisher hopefully reviewing on the 12th
- The Hometown Dilemma by Julie Archer – for a blog tour review on the 14th
- A Merry Little Meet Cute by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone – the ARC I got at Book Bonanza for a review on the 15th I hope!
- Foul Lady Fortune by Chloe Gong – I requested, I think, the e-galley of this and hope to read and review on the 18th. Although I may switch the review dates between this and The Killing Code because the publisher wants that one reviewed during it’s release week.
- Spells for Lost Things by Jenna Evans Welch – ARC from the publisher, hope to review on either the 20th, or possibly the 26th in case the pub wants that one release week as well.
- Promises We Meant to Keep by Monica Murphy – I’m on this author’s ARC team, so will probably read and review on the 21st.
- Kissing Games by Evie Alexander – from the author should be posting a review on the 22nd
- Just Date and See by Portia MacIntosh – for a blog tour review on the 24th
- Big Bad by Lily Anderson – I got the ARC through a trade I think? I will probably post a review for it on either the 26th or switch it to the 20th.
- Folk Around and Find Out by Penny Reid – for a blog tour review on the 27th
- Sharkbait by Erin Mallon – I can’t wait to read this one for a blog tour review on the 28th
- Anne of Greenville by Mariko Tamaki – Got the ARC and hope to read and post a review on the 30th
- The Sacrifice by Rin Chupeco – The publisher sent me an ARC and I’m going to give this author one more try, and post a review beginning of October.
- The Second Death of Edie and Violet Bond by Amanda Glaze – another ARC from the publisher, hope to read and review at the beginning of October
- The Secret Roommate by Sara Ney – I’m on the author’s review team and should be reading and posting a review on the pub date of October 4th
- There are several SmartyPants Romance books that come out towards the end of September that I will probably be reading: Worth the Wait by Karla Sorensen, Lost Track by Heidi Hutchinson, and Not Since Ewe by Susannah Nix
- Any audiobooks I listen to, or books for the library committee I’m on.
So, how was your August? Did you get all the reading you wanted done? What are you looking forward to in September? If you have kids in school or work in a school yourself, when do you start back? Did you live somewhere that had some record high temperature weather?
Below are ARCs I’ve finished and also a couple of finished copies, the winner will get to pick out 3 books from the list. There may even be a few more choices by the end of the month! I will make the giveaway international in that you can pick a book for under $10 if The Book Depository ships to you. Just fill out the Rafflecopter below the picture. I might even do a second winner if we can get over 100 entries into the rafflecopter by the end of the month, we had over 100 in June, so I did pick two winners from my May Wrap-Up.