Wow, I was waiting so long for July to come around for Book Bonanza and then it was here, and now July is gone and I feel like it just started yesterday! Also I had to go back to school in July since my librarian contract has 10 extra days at the beginning of the school year compared to the other teachers. I won’t do a ton of Book Bonanza review here because I did a whole post about it HERE. But I will share a couple of my favorite pictures.
The top three are pictures from the SmartyPants Romance the first night of Book Bonanza, three authors I’ve never met but was soooo excited to meet, Nanxi Wen, Emma Lee Jayne, and Piper Sheldon – who recognized my name!!! It was so cool! The bottom three are pictures from the 1st day signing. Three authors I had never met but love, Erin Mallon, Monica Murphy, and Staci Hart.
Reading was down by one book, but probably because I listened to less audiobooks again since I didn’t have to drive to work. If I’d driven to BB by myself I might have had more of that time, but with a friend I didn’t bother because we talked the whole way there and back. I only got 18 compared to the 19 last month. Of the books I listed as possible reads for this month, I read 11. Two I had listed I didn’t actually get copies of.
- # of pages read: 4,776
- Amount of time spent listening to audiobooks (This could include some time spent last month listening as well since I only count the books when I finish them): 13 hours and 3 minutes
No new DNFs this month, although I have 3 from past months to still talk about at some point. My reviews are getting a bit behind, still 2 from last month, and then 4 that weren’t part of blog tours or ARC team reviews this month, although one of those is being reviewed on the 1st of August!
- [1 Jul] Summer Lovin' by J. Sterling ★★★★
- [2 Jul] My Cone and Only by Susannah Nix ★★★★★
- [5 Jul] The Jane Thing by Tracy Broemmer ★★★
- [7 Jul] We Made It All Up by Margot Harrison ★★★★★
- [11 Jul] Be With Me by Samantha Young ★★★★★
- [16 Jul] The Bodyguard by Katherine Center ★★★★★
- [18 Jul] Love You Again by Julia Kent ★★★★½
- [20 Jul] The Forever Game by A.M. Williams ★★★★★
- [21 Jul] Sin Bin by Teagan Hunter ★★★★★
- [23 Jul] Spare Me by Tara Sivec ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] Boyfriend Material by Ilsa Madden-Mills ★★★★★
- [26 Jul] Twice a Quinceañera by Yamile Saied Méndez ★★★★½
- [27 Jul] Coming Up Cuban: Rising Past Castro’s Shadow by Sonia Manzano ★★★★★
- [30 Jul] Run For Your Honey by Staci Hart ★★★★★
Challenge Wrap Up
Still not a lot done, although I did have two books I read this month that fit and I started another! I will leave out the challenges I’ve done nothing for I guess to save myself some time!
My goal was 12. Two done earlier this year, and I started one that I finished the first day of July, and then I read another while I was at Book Bonanza. So I’ve got 4 done. The two this month were:
- Blogging: Still at 79% on Netgalley.
- Reading: I’m still ahead of my goal of 200 on Goodreads.
- Writing: So the 100 days of writing I started out so strong the first weeks in summer went bye-bye. I’ve done a tiny bit of outlining. But for the most part I’m still not sure if I’m going to continue writing.
I’ve been bad about this still. I have done a few TikTok videos with the “What’s this person reading right now” theme when I’ve read some ARCs.
What to expect in August 2022
Well, now that I’m back to school, expect me to maybe slow down? Although I still have a packed review schedule! I think that the next SmartyPants Romance launch will do some cover reveals in August, and then will soon follow with the books to read! Also I will have to be reading for the new library committee I am on, and that could be hundreds of books, so wish me luck on that! Hopefully I’ll be sharing some pictures of my library as it gets finished with the renovations. Also August will be my 13th blogoversary! August 10th to be exact, so be looking for another big giveaway and celebration!
Here is my proposed TBR for August:
- The Right Guy by Mel Walker – for the Meet Cute Book Club series blog tour review on the 3rd
- Blood Like Fate by Liselle Sambury – hopefully for a review on the 4th
- Don’t Go to Sleep by Bryce Moore – an ARC the publisher sent me and I hope to review on the 5th
- Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade – this would be for a challenge book, I have it scheduled for a review on the 6th, but it may come later as it’s not the top of my priorities.
- Royally Not Ready by Meghan Quinn – doing a review as part of the author’s ARC team and should post on the 8th
- The Make Out Artist by Sara Ney – as part of the author’s ARC team should be posting a review on the 9th
- Lucy Checks In by Dee Ernst – the publishers sent me the e-galley even though I had an ARC of the last book by this author, hoping to read and post a review on the 13th
- The Hidden Love by R.J. Gray – for the Meet Cute Book Club series blog tour review on the 15th
- The Reckless Union by Monica Murphy – part of the ARC team, but also I think a blog tour on the 16th
- Smartasses Anthology – so I got this at Book Bonanza, but haven’t started yet, now remembering I signed up for a blog tour on the 19th. Not sure if I have to read all the stories or what, but I guess I should get started!
- Field Rules by Carla Luna – for a blog tour review on the 22nd
- You Get What You Give by Karen Grey an audiobook review for a blog tour on the 23rd
- Moon Dark Smile by Tessa Gratton – got an ARC from the publisher and I hope to post my review on the 27th
- The Undead Truth of Us by Britney S. Lewis – for a blog tour review on the 29th
- Cosmic Kind of Love by Samantha Young – for an ARC team review on the 30th
- The Mix Up by Rebecca Wilder – for the Meet Cute Book Club series blog tour review on the 31st.
- Bitter Sweet Heart by Helena Hunting – for ARC team review on September 1st
- Monsters Born & Made by Tanvi Berwah – an ARC the publisher sent me that I hope to review on September 3rd
- The Holiday Trap by Roan Parrish – another ARC I got from a publisher that I hope to review at the beginning of September
- Folk Around and Find Out by Penny Reid – as long as I get the e-galley for a blog tour review I’ve signed up for in September!
- Other audiobooks I listen to
- Possibly books for the new library reading committee that I’m on
So, how was your July? Did you take any trips? Did you get all the reading you wanted done? What are you looking forward to in August? If you have kids in school or work in a school yourself, when do you start back?
Below are ARCs I’ve finished and also a couple of finished copies, the winner will get to pick out 3 books from the list. There may even be a few more choices by the end of the month! I will make the giveaway international in that you can pick a book for under $10 if The Book Depository ships to you. Just fill out the Rafflecopter below the picture. I might even do a second winner if we can get over 100 entries into the rafflecopter by the end of the month, we had over 100 in June, so I did pick two winners from my May Wrap-Up.
I’m so happy for you that you got to go to Book Bonanza! I need to go read your post on that event, I’ve never gone before! And thinking all the happy thoughts that you get lots of time to read this next month with school starting back up!
It was a blast. I keep telling myself I shouldn’t buy a ticket for next year, but I already have FOMO! Thanks for stopping by!
You do have a busy month ahead of you! I love your book bonanza pictures, you look so happy in the photos!
It was a blast! Thanks for visiting!
Hi there Lisa!
The summer definitely treated you very well. Wow! You’ve read a lot and such a great selection. My reading is improving slightly with the renovations all done, but the puppy and back to school does take up a lot of time.
Have a wonderful month of August!
yes, puppies do take up time! I get less reading than before I had dogs! But they’re getting a little better as they get older. Thanks for visiting!
Erin Mallon’s dress has such a great red-and-white print! That event must have been really fun!
It was a blast!
My July was okay–had 2 of my grandchildren’s birthday parties. That was loads of fun.
Birthday parties are always fun, and I love the cake, lol!
[…] Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win her 13th Blogoversary Giveaway, THE HONEYS, 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile. […]
Celebrated my birthday in July.
Happy belated birthday! Hope you were able to do something fun!
There an indie author book con I’m looking forward to going. Look like you have a wonderful month of reading.
Have a great August reading month.
Ooh, those are fun too! Thanks for visiting!
I had a nice July. Lots of flowers in the garden and my dachshund likes to splash around in her pool.
Ah! Love it! I keep thinking of getting a little pool for my dachshunds during the summer, but don’t know if they’d actually use it. They don’t like baths.