May sped by, yet at the same time the last few weeks dragggggggggged. I was so ready to be done with school, but there was also so much to get done before it could be over. But it’s June, and while I have a few more days at the beginning of this month left to work at school, no kids or teachers in the building, it finally feels like summer break. The library is finally all packed and cleared out. Just waiting for them to come in and start painting and doing construction and getting new carpet!
Still ashamed to say I haven’t used my exercise bike yet. Yikes. It feels like we had a ton of rain this month, but then also some really summer hot days. I had to mow every week. Ugh, not ready for that part of summer! But that’s where we are now I guess.
I think the amount of reading I got done this month was a little better than expected, but mostly because I listened to a bunch of audiobooks that were basically novellas. I ended up reading 20 books this month, if you count a coloring book. Only 12 of them were listed on my goal in this same post last month.
While I was able to get some overdue reviews caught up, I’ve got a a few left, as well as some from this month, audiobooks, that need to be reviewed.
- [3 May] The Mrs. Degree by Sara Ney ★★★★★
- [5 May] Burn Down, Rise Up by Vincent Tirado ★★★½
- [6 May] It Takes a Woman by Piper Sheldon ★★★½
- [7 May] Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend by Penny Reid ★★★★★
- [9 May] Smart Mouth by Emma Lee Jayne ★★★★★
- [10 May] Starry-Eyed Love by Helena Hunting ★★★★★
- [12 May] The Meet Cute Method by Portia MacIntosh ★★★★½
- [13 May] Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★★
- [14 May] Turning Back by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [14 May] His Turn by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [14 May] Electric Idol by Katee Robert ★★★★★
- [14 May] Flow by Kennedy Ryan ★★★★★
- [14 May] Luca by Brenda Rothert ★★★★★
- [14 May] Say Yes by Elle Kennedy ★★★★★
- [14 May] Fling by Jana Aston ★★★★★
- [14 May] Under One Roof by Ali Hazelwood ★★★★★
- [14 May] Mr. Wrong Number by Lynn Painter ★★★★★
- [14 May] The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi ★★★★★
- [14 May] Shame on You by Tara Sivec ★★★★★
- [17 May] Once Upon a K-Prom by Kat Cho ★★★★★
- [18 May] Neanderthal Seeks Duchess by Laney Hatcher ★★★★
- [20 May] Dig Two Graves by Gretchen McNeil ★★★★½
- [21 May] Hide by Kiersten White ★★★★
- [24 May] The Anxiety Relief Coloring Book for Adults: Mindful Coloring to Decrease Stress and Anxiety by Kara Holmes ★★★★★
- [30 May] Flirting with Fate by J.C. Cervantes, Jennifer Cervantes ★★★★
- [30 May] Practice Girl by Estelle Laure ★★★★★
- [31 May] All Signs Point to Yes by Cam Montgomery, Adrianne White, g. haron davis, Tehlor Kay Mejia, Mark Oshiro, Eric Smith, Emery Lee, Byron Graves, Karuna Riazi, Roselle Lim, Alexandra Villasante, Lily Anderson, Kiana Nguyen ★★★★
- [31 May] Love Radio by Ebony LaDelle ★★★★
Another month of not great progress.
My goal was 12. Two done earlier this year, but not any more this month. Maybe as summer gets here I’ll get some more read.
Another goal of 12 for this challenge. Two done for the year. And I could kind of count It Takes a Woman by Piper Sheldon I guess, so we’ll say I’m up to 3 now.
Yet again I’m not getting anything done for a challenge. Just one this year that was a DNF.
- Blogging – I’m up to 79% on Netgalley for now! Yay!!!!
- Reading – Still ahead on my goal of 200 books on Goodreads. Still haven’t really done any sequels. Maybe again this summer!
- Writing – No new writing. However, I did get a couple chapters of my NA romance sent off to an author to give me a critique that I was the high bidder on for another charity auction. I’ll be interested to get her notes! I’m really hoping to get some writing time this summer.
I was so crazy busy this past month I didn’t do as many pics as books that I got. I need to work on that this summer! So I really only have one to share from May.
What to expect in June 2022
A few days left of school at the beginning. Then they’re coming to remodel my bathroom the second week in June. I can’t wait to have a nice soaking tub! I realized that I actually did a lot of reading while soaking in bubble baths, and without a tub like that in my house that I moved to 3 years ago, I’ve missed out on that reading time. I didn’t end up having enough left over after paying taxes on the retirement money I took out last fall, but was able to finance most of it. Hopefully getting lots of reading done this month, maybe some writing, and some exercising as well!
Here is my proposed list of books to read in June:
- The Italian Job by Kathryn Freeman – reading this one as I get this post ready for a blog tour on the 2nd
- Wicked Beauty by Katee Robert – the publisher sent me an ARC of this one that I’m excited to read after listening to the last book in the series. Thought I’d get to meet the author at Book Bonanza but she dropped out for this year. Hoping to read and post a review on the 4th.
- Cookout Carnage by Evie Alexander and Kelly Kay – reading by request of the authors for a review on the 6th.
- A Borrowed Boyfriend by Angela R. Casella – for a blog tour review on the 7th. I probably should not have signed up for this one.
- So Not Meant to Be by Meghan Quinn – for the author’s review team for a review on the 8th.
- Rise of the Snake Goddess by Jenny Elder Moke – I really liked the first one so signed up for the blog tour through Rock Star Tours to review on the 9th.
- It’s a Widow Thing by Karen Booth – not too sure about the widow part, but it sounds good otherwise, so for a blog tour review on the 10th
- The Ruthless Groom by Monica Murphy – author review team review posted on the 13th
- Scotsman in the Stacks by Alana Oxford – for a blog tour review on the 14th
- Last on the List by Amy Daws – an author review team review on the 16th
- A Series of Unfortunate Meet Cutes anthology – for a blog tour review on the 18th
- Folk Around and Find Out by Penny Reid – I think it is still scheduled to come out on June 20th, if not, I’ll read it when it is scheduled.
- The Wine Down by Louise Lennox – for a blog tour review on the 21st
- Rome for the Summer by Lynne Shelby – for a blog tour review on the 22nd
- Big Duke Energy by Emma Hart – for a blog tour review on the 23rd, the author has pushed most of her books this year back a bit, so I’d be okay if this one got pushed back too as packed as my schedule is!
- Moments in Time by K.K. Allen – I finally read a book by this author at the end of last year I think, and so I signed up to try another, hopefully I enjoy and get this read for a blog tour review on the 24th
- Bad Thing Happen Here by Rebecca Barrow – an ARC the publisher sent that I hope to get read and post a review on the 25th.
- Mansplainer by Avery Flynn – fingers crossed I can get an egalley of this and get it read by the 27th. If not, again, I probably am better off as many books as I have to read this month!
- First Bride to Fall by Ginny Baird – the publisher reached out and asked me to read this, hoping to read and review by the 28th.
- Autumn in Sycamore Park by CP Ward – hoping to read and post for a blog tour review on the 30th.
- Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon – hoping to have time to read this for one of my challenges
- Also other audiobooks as I have time!
So, how was your May? Did you get all the reading you wanted done? Are you getting summer weather yet? What are you looking forward to in June?
Below are ARCs I’ve finished and also a couple of finished copies, the winner will get to pick out 3 books from the list. And I know this picture is missing some because I took it before I finished a couple of books. There may even be a few more choices by the end of the month! I will make the giveaway international in that you can pick a book for under $10 if The Book Depository ships to you. Just fill out the Rafflecopter below the picture. I might even do a second winner if we can get over 100 entries into the rafflecopter by the end of the month, we had over 100 in May, so I did pick two winners from my April Wrap-Up, or will be this first week of June.a Rafflecopter giveaway