It’s been two years since I’ve participated in The Sunday Post, a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. But I wanted to share some things because I’ve got a lot of giveaways going on right now, and I also just have been in the mood to do this as well as a Stacking the Shelves post as below.
Obviously things have changed a lot from the last time I did one of these. The big thing right now is the debate over when movie theaters open back up. My favorite theater, AMC, originally came out saying they would not require guests to wear masks. Of course that led to a lot of public outcry, and they came back and changed it to say they would. Now, I get the masks in the lobby, but once in the theater, I am not going to be able to eat popcorn or enjoy the movie while wearing a mask. And if we’re going to be socially distancing the seating, it seems that they need to think about that. I mean they do make their money from the concessions, even with how expensive the ticket is, that’s not where they make any money until after a movie has been out for a long time and they’ve sold a certain number of tickets. So they are going to either have to increase the price of tickets, or else, change so you don’t have to wear a mask once inside the theater. We’ll see how it all ends up.
Any way, like I said, I kind of want to remind you about the different giveaways I’ve got going on right now:
- The Looooong and the Short of It with a Giveaway: May 2020 Wrap-Up Post and What to Expect in June – win either a book from my giveaway pile if you’re US, if you are international, you can choose a book up to $10 from the Book Depository.
- Supporting Black Lives Matter – A post I dedicated to black YA authors that I have read and enjoyed. You get to choose any book by any of those authors or my ARC of A Phoenix First Must Burn if you are US.
- Adult Romance by Black Authors I Recommend – You can choose any book by any of the authors I talk about in this post
All of these giveaways are open till the end of June.
My reviews for this past week:
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and Reading Reality.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. A few of these actually night have come in a week or two ago, but since I haven’t done one of these posts in a while, I wanted to share them all.
- A Beardy Bonus was ordered back in April I think, maybe the end of March. Finally arrived, and while I’ve probably read or listened to some of the extra stories in there, I know there are some I haven’t.
- My Bare Lady and The Treble With Men – I won these two from the author on Facebook a month or so ago. They also finally arrived. I read and loved both of these SmartyPants Romance entries. If you click on their titles, I’ve linked you to my reviews.
- Fumbled by Alexa Martin and Clap When You Land are the books I purchased as part of the #blackoutbestsellerlist and #blackpublishingpower goal this past week to purchase two books, at least, by black authors.
- White Fragility is one I’d ordered about two weeks or more ago and it finally came in.
- In the front you see little postcards from the author of The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly. She was offering them on Twitter, so I reached out and asked for some to pass out to my students next school year if we get to go back.
I got this book from the publisher, it comes out in October, so it’s on my ARC shelf for now!
So that’s going to be my first weekly wrap-up since 2018. How was your week?