I’ve been seeing today’s topic all over, and I love this one, because authors on social media is something I love! I’ve met so many authors that way, and some, well one maybe, I would now call kind of a friend? So I had to join in.
- I have to mention the one I kind of consider a friend first, since it was talking to her on social media that made so many things in my life change one year I think. Her name is Cara Lynn Shultz, and she is the published author of 3 books: Spellbound, Spellcaster, and The Dark World -which I even have a mention in the acknowledgements for being Twitter friends! Here is a picture of when I met her in NYC
2. Amy Daws is one that I adore! She is such a crazy fun person to follow. A year or two ago everyone was all caught up in her writing adventures at a local Tires, Tires, Tires shop, to the point that her local news and Buzzfeed I think even did a story about it.
Of course before all of this, I was following her on social media and got to meet her at a local romance convention. I’ve met her several times since, but here is the first time:
3. I have to go with Maggie Stiefvater next. I love following her! I even almost had my last name as a tiny side character in one of the books in the Raven Boys series. Don’t believe me? Check out my proof in this tweet:
And of course I’ve met her a few times, and even had a photo I took of her and Tessa Gratton and Brenna Yovanoff published in one of those school biographies about Maggie Stiefvater. But she is so awesome still on social media. I love seeing pictures of her dogs, and hearing about her social awkwardness and being able to say that is me too!
4. Next is Jonathan Maberry. I loved his Rot and Ruin series, and even got to help come up with a name for one of the short stories in the book of related short stories for the series, Bits and Pieces. My idea was Tooth and Nail. I got to meet him for the first time at BEA in 2012.
He’s a really neat guy and very active on Facebook especially, always asking his fans questions and things to not only help him with future stories (like my short story name), but even just to see how our day is going! Find him on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
5. Next is another romance author that I adore, Meghan Quinn. She is so hilarious! And even responds to her fans when we comment. I got to meet her for the first time at Book Bonanza 2018.
6. Another author I love and that has kind of contributed to some of the awesome experiences and travel I’ve had over the past few years because I wanted to meet her, was Jennifer Lynn Armentrout. I learned about all these opportunities by following her social media. I got to meet her for the first time at NOLA StoryCon, in New Orleans of course, in 2016.
I love following her on Facebook and hearing all about her llamas and goats. And she’s very interactive with her followers, even having live Facebook chats! If you haven’t discovered her yet, Facebook.
7. Next is Penny Reid, another hilarious romance author. She is fun to find the videos she does about trying crazy new things, and love all of her fun books and fellow fans just are so great! I got to meet her this past year at Book Bonanza 2019.
8. Okay, so I have to mention Samantha Young, as talking to her on social media was so great! I loved her books, and one of her characters is one of my top three all-time book boyfriends. I met her for the first time at NOLA StoryCon as well.
9. Helena Hunting is another author that is a lot of fun to follow. I love her Pucked series and so it was cool to be able to reach out to her whenever I finished a book. I met her for the first time at Book Bonanza 2018.
10. Oh no! How am I already at 10? I have so many others I want to talk about! Hmm, I guess that I will pick a newer to me author that I am adoring reading her books and then commenting to her as I read. That is Emma Hart. She is the only one I’ve not met yet, probably because she lives in Australia, so it’s a longer trip and she hasn’t been to any book signings I’ve attended.
You guys, I could go on and on with all the authors I love to follow and interact with on social media. That is the one thing I love, love, love about social media. Do you follow any of these authors? Who are your favorite authors to follow?