You guys, it has been ten years since I began Lisa Loves Literature! I can’t believe it!
in getting this post up. Blame it on my crazy summer and this crazy
month of August. I actually was attending the awesome Book Bonanza
Convention when my blogoversary date happened. You can check out how
much fun I had HERE.
If you’ve been a follower, you know that I also moved this past June,
and have been slowly settling into my new house since then. Then school
started back, this year on August 1st for the teachers, so time I would
probably normally have spent getting my blogoversary stuff ready was
spent getting ready for school and such.
I also got to meet one Supernatural actor, the guy who plays Lucifer. He wasn’t that friendly actually. Not rude, but not very outgoing or talkative.
My sister went to her first Comic-Con being a big Smallville fan, she wanted to meet those actors, and then decided to go ahead and meet Dean Cain as well, and he was so nice, and even had her get me in for a picture with him and her as well!
New Kids on the Block came again, and we had awesome seats this time. I could swear that one time Donnie actually smiled right at ME!
They also put in a Wahlburgers close to my house, within the “Greater Kansas City Metro” area, which actually means almost a 30-45 minute drive for me based on traffic, over in Kansas as opposed to Missouri. But I loved it, still love it, just wish it was closer so I could go more often. We went to their grand opening, my friend Shannon, my cousin Margaret and I, same people I went to the concert with. And I got to meet Paul Wahlberg! We were even interviewed by the local news, and while people said they saw me on the news, they never replayed it or posted it online, so I didn’t get to see it sadly.
Earlier in the year I got to meet a survivor of the holocaust when she came to talk at a school nearby. It was incredibly inspiring to listen to her talk.
I also got to be the moderator for a panel with some awesome YA authors at the bookstore where I work last year. That was the coolest thing ever!
I actually sold my townhouse last October, and rented from the new owner until this past June when I was able to get a house loan and found a house I wanted to move into. This picture is from when I sold my house.
Honestly, I’m looking forward to getting a little area set up for my dogs to run and play in the back yard so I can sit out back and read while they play, or write while they play, or even sit outside and blog while they play. Of course the summer was too hot to really do that anyway, so this fall will be perfect!
Okay, you all want a giveaway, right? Well, being a bit poorer with my new house and all the things I want to add or do to it, my prizes will be pretty simple. If you can receive a Barnes and Noble or Amazon gift card, I will be giving away one of those for $10. If you are international and cannot use one of those, then I will let you pick one of my 5 star reviewed books listed below that I can get for you from the Book Depository, as long as they ship to your country. Hint: There will be an option in
the Rafflecopter to comment on the reviews below for an entry, one a
- Slayer by Kiersten White
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers
- The Me I Meant to Be by Sophie Jordan
- Pretty in Punxsutawney by Laurie Boyle Crompton
- Play by Kylie Scott. (not a new read, but always a 5 star one!)
- Eyes on Me by Rachel Harris
- All Broke Down by Cora Carmack
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes
- Intercepted by Alexa Martin
- Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee
- That Second Chance by Meghan Quinn
- No Place Like Here by Christina June
- The Haunted by Danielle Vega
- The Game Changer by Jaqueline Snowe
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
- The Virtue of Sin by Shannon Schuren
- Resist by K. Bromberg
- Beautiful by Christina Lauren
- That’s Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger
- Strong by Kylie Scott
- Four Letter Word by J. Daniels
- Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young
- End Goal by Amy Daws
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Fight or Flight by Samantha Young
- The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Pucked Off by Helena Hunting
- Control by K. Bromberg
- The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen
- OtherEarth by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
- Losing the Field by Abbi Glines
Just fill out the Rafflecopter below! Thanks for helping me celebrate my 10 year blogoversary! This giveaway will go until September 13th.