Title: Remember Me
Author: Chelsea Bobulski
Genre: YA Horror
Release Date: August 6th, 2019
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Source: Copy from publisher which did not influence my opinion
My rating: 4 stars
YA, a teen girl discovers what connects her to the hotel she calls home as
horrifying visions lead her to the truth.
again, this time to the Winslow Grand Hotel, built in 1878. As Nell is settling
in, strange things begin to happen. Doors lock of their own accord, writing
appears on bathroom walls–and most horrifying of all–visions of a dead boy
permeate her waking life. Thinking it was her mind playing tricks on her, she
soon finds the past and the present colliding as she learns horrific details of
a murder that happened at the hotel in 1905 involving a girl named Lea.
bellboy must relive that day in hopes of finally breaking a curse that
imprisons them both. And Nell discovers what truly links her to the history of
the Winslow Grand Hotel.
I really liked a lot about this book. While there was a curse at this hotel, something that can be common in ghost stories like this, I feel like it totally played out differently than I would expect. The fact that the way to solve the curse wasn't completely spelled out from the beginning was something that kept me reading and hanging on every detail to see if I could figure it out, which I didn't. I really enjoyed the back and forth between the time periods and learning just what connection Nell had to the past. There were several scenes in the book that I could picture as they were described so vividly, probably would be perfect in a scary movie. I can't wait to have this book in my school library to recommend to my students when they are looking for a great scary ghost story. About the Author:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- · Follow your Instagram and The FFBC Tours (@theffbc).
- · Follow the author (@chelseabobulski)
- · Comment why you want the book or why are you excited to read the book
- · Follow the FFBC owners: @whatmakespatri, @michellesulk, @artsyreadergirl
- · Follow any other FFBC team member participating in the tour (@fictitiouswonderland, @taylorfennerwrites, @kagunderman, @shannonmiz, @the_book_return, @theabhorsenreads, @frayedbooks, @moonlight_rendezvous, @starlight.reads, @onemused, @thecleverreader, @thereadingcornerforall, @confessionsofayareader, @adreamindream, @wishfulendings, @tbrandbeyond, @musingsofagirl, @twilightreader1 and @buffywnabe).
- · Tag a friend (each friend will be an extra entry).