The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. So, it’s been since July that I actually did a Sunday post, mostly I’ve used them for end of the month posts when I’ve done them. But I had a bunch of posts I “unscheduled” this week as they were either ones I set for myself for ARCs I had, or tours I didn’t get picked for. I thought I’d do a Sunday post today then, since I almost had a 3 day weekend without having to work at my part time job. Although they did call me in yesterday, so didn’t quite make it.
Last week was the usual week of my birthday, or in this case, the week before, in that we had parent-teacher conferences at school. Hence the Friday off. My birthday isn’t until tomorrow, Monday. I won’t actually be celebrating with family this weekend like I usually would, because of so family members out of town. For a change I will be actually celebrating on my birthday, tomorrow night. Dinner with my mom, step-dad, brother, sister-in-law, and my niece and nephew, Mexican food is my choice! Then next weekend I’ll celebrate with my dad, step-mom, and one of my sisters.
I feel like I’m doing so horrible with all the ARCs I got at ALA this summer, not getting them read like I planned. Those are a lot of the posts I’ve had to cancel on my blog because I haven’t finished the books in time. The sad thing is that so many of those ARCs are ones I wanted so bad, and still want to read so bad! Gah!
Last week, I’ll go clear back to last weekend even, was pretty busy! Last Saturday I got to see Ed Sheeran in concert! He is amazing! He performs completely by himself and there is no doubt how great he is! In fact his voice was never off, nothing. Only complaint I had, is one that I have a lot at concerts. See, I live in Kansas City, Missouri. But people think the city name, Kansas City, means we’re in Kansas. I get it, it’s confusing, but it’s annoying to those of us here. Just say Kansas City and you’re covered. Here’s a picture from the concert:
Then, my birthday gift to myself was a new tattoo! I really wanted to get a dachshund wrapped around my ankle, but I couldn’t find one I liked. So instead I found a cute cartoon I liked. It looks the most like my first dog I had on my own, but is meant to represent all the dachshunds I will have in my life. Maybe at some point I’ll go back and add a heart around it for each one I’ve loved and lost. Here is a picture of my new tattoo! It’s my first non-book related one. It is still on my ankle.
Okay, enough personal stuff, how about what you missed on the blog this past week:
- Reviews: Love, Sincerely, Yours by Sara Ney and Meghan Quinn, Fight or Flight by Samantha Young, Listen, Pitch (There’s No Crying in Baseball #3) by Lani Lynn Vale, and The Wrong Game by Kandi Steiner
- Promo posts: Till it Stops Beating (The Maddie Chronicles #4) by Hannah R. Goodman, Death by the River by Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor (giveaway), Crazy Scottish Love (Love in Scotland #1) by Jessie Donovan (giveaway), and Renegade (Black Dawn #0.5) by Mallory McCartney (giveaway)
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: Last Seen (The Amateurs #3) by Sara Shepard
Now, what is coming up this week on the blog? Well, some of that is in the air, see my comment about reviews above, I’m so far behind as well!
- Promos: Love, Cutter by Michelle Jester (giveaway), Complete Me by Khardine Gray, and Eight Steps to Alpha by Taylor Sullivan
- Review: Not for Me by Kat de Falla
- Can’t Wait Wednesday
- Possible Promos: My American Nightmare: Women in Horror Anthology
- Possible Audiobook Reviews: RoomHate by Penelope Ward, The Upside to Being Single by Emma Hart, Four Letter Word by J. Daniels, End Game by Amy Daws, Screwmates by Kayti McGee, Listen to Me by Kristen Proby
- Possible E-galley/ARC reviews: Kiss and Makeup Series by Sara Ney, The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Other possible reviews: King of Code by CD Reiss, Royally Endowed by Emma Chase, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (maybe along with a movie review), Studly Period by Sarina Bowen
Actually, while I was writing this post, I came up with an idea for a discussion post! Yay!
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. I’m sure I have many more to share. But here are the few I have pictures of.
I got these two ARCs through the #booksfortrade on Twitter. So excited for both, especially the Courting Darkness, since it’s based on one of my favorite series!
Everyone who participated in this tour got a copy of this book. I’ll be sharing it in my school library?
I won this awesome book from the author, Fonda Lee, as part of the YA Scavenger Hunt! It’s another I was not only excited to read, but can’t wait to share with my students!
We had this at the bookstore where I work, and I put a post-it note on it saying I’d love it if no one else wanted it, so guess what!
I have loved this series forever, and I know there was some kind of deal if you purchased it through the author’s website, so I did that, back in June, and it finally arrived! Can’t wait to read.
I am such a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and so had to have these books, even if they are obviously younger than I’d read. I had to own them!
All summer long I was looking for The Lost Boys figures. I finally gave up and went to ebay. Turns out they cancelled the one I really wanted, the David one, but I did need to buy a doll representative of Corey Haim. So went ahead and bought this.
So, lots of stuff over the last couple weeks. How about you? What have you added to your collection this week?