The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. I am so crazy behind on blogging! Right now I’ve got four books that I really need to get read by Tuesday, which obviously is not going to happen! I”m working on it, but it’s not really happening. Gah! As awesome as Apollycon was, the lack of time for reading really killed me! Unfortunately, due to time again, I will not be able to put in a bunch of pictures from Apollycon in this post, but hope to do that this week.
Posts from the last two weeks:
- Book Blitzes: Eerie by CM McCoy, Thank You For Holding by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed, With Ballet in my Soul by Eva Maze, Royally Relinquished by Hayley Faiman, Birthright by Jessica Ruddick, Beautiful Dark by JL White, Back to You by CJ Miranda, An Accident by Lindsay Marie Miller, Tea for Two by Kailee Reese Samuels (Giveaway), Sunset Reads by DC Triana, The Lady of the Forest by Barbara Bettis, and Stiff Drink by Blaire Babylon
- Cover Reveals: Letting Love Go by Katharina LeBoeuf, One S’more Summer by Beth Merlin, Checkmate Duet Boxed Set by Kennedy Fox (Giveaway), and The Beard Made Me Do It by Lani Lynn Vale (Giveaway)
- Can’t Wait Wednesdays: The Rattled Bones by S.M. Parker, and No Saints in Kansas by Amy Brashear
- Reviews: Lyrical by Bree Dahlia, Redux by AL Davroe, and Three Romance Mini-Reviews: Feral by Jenika Snow, Hard and Reckless by Victoria Ashley, and Sin City Submission by Jenna Jacob
- Swoon Thursday: Redux by AL Davroe
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Authors I Still Need to Meet
- Cover Characteristic: UFO
I’ve got so many blitzes lined up, I’ve really got to go back to not doing more than one a day. I only got one post with a review last week, so I need to really get that taken care of as well.
Coming up this week on the blog:
- Promos: Checked into Love by Rochelle Paige – Author Interview, Perfect by Cecelia Ahern – Release Blitz, The Castle by Skye Warren – Release Blitz, Lyrics Heart and Soul by Anne Marie Citro – Author Interview, Checkmate Duet Boxed Set by Kennedy Fox – Release Day Blitz, Blacksouls by Nicole Castroman – Top 10 Pirate Words, The Rainbow Clause by Beth Bolden, Tiago by Catia Skye, The Billionaire Duke by Gina Robinson
- Reviews: Dangerous Rock by Crystal Kaswell, Toward a Secret Sky by Heather Maclean, The Returned by Kimberley Griffiths Little
- Possible Reviews: Keeping the Beat by Marie Powell and Jeff Norton, Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves, The Sacrifice of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie, Nothing More and Nothing Less by Anna Todd, Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant, and/or Head-Tripped by Nicole Archer
- Can’t Wait Wednesday
- Cover Characteristic: People sitting in a field of grass
- Maybe a February/March month end wrap-ups
- Maybe an Apollycon 2017 post
So, another busy week coming up. Plus, I’m going to attempt to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo during April. We get to set our own goals instead of the 50,000 word from November’s NaNoWriMo. So I’ve set a goal of at least 30,000 words, hopefully finishing one of the two main novels from past NaNos that I got good starts on and really do want to finish and try to maybe self-publish as e-books on Amazon just to see what anyone thinks of them. I haven’t done any writing yet for April, but I hope to go to the library tomorrow night and get at least 3,000 words done to catch up!
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. As usual I have way too many free new e-books to share. I had planned to spread out all the swag I got at ApollyCon, but I will wait till my actual post for that. Here are the physical books I got this past week:
I purchased the first two from the bookstore where I work to get signatures at Apollycon. However, I didn’t end up taking the JLA book, just decided I had too many. The other one I got some signatures in, but not all the authors I wanted, including JLA. The other two are books that I bought at Apollycon just to get the authors’ signatures. Purchasing the last one is how I ended up winning the ones you see in the next picture.
Won at Apollycon:
When you bought a book from SL Jennings, she put your name in a raffle to win a Kindle. Well, she also had a set of one of her series that she was giving away, and I won that!
Free at Apollycon:
The first two came either in a swag bag at one of the events, or there was also a table with some free books that I grabbed one of them off of. The Dead List came in a swag bag from the Q and A Panel with JLA on Friday night of ApollyCon.
These two were books that were being returned, and for paperbacks usually that means the store strips the covers and sends those back to the publisher to show that they didn’t sell them, but then we throw away/recycle the actual book. So these are two I wanted to read.
Free for participating in an Irish Banana Tour:
I also got the e-galley of this for a tour that I’ll be reviewing on at the end of the month. But now I’ll just read the actual book.
Jester is actually an audiobook that I do need to listen to for a review.
Whew. Okay, that’s most of what I got this week and added to my shelves. What did you add this week?