I just got the announcement and so this post is a bit late but tonight there is going to be a Team Urban vs. Team Epic Fantasy Twitter Chat @ 9-10 pm EST. You need to go check it out right now!
Anyway if you’re too late for that, let me tell you a little about what this is from the source, Entangled Teen:
If you’re a fantasy lover like we are, you probably run (rather than walk) to your nearest bookstore or fave online bookshop whenever a new YA fantasy novel releases. However, we also know that some of you – including some of our fave Entangled TEEN authors – are a little more discriminating. Rather than read any type of fantasy novel, you might prefer either Urban Fantasy or Epic Fantasy…just like some of our authors.
The Urban vs. Epic Fantasy Week is a chance for readers – like you – and Entangled Teen authors to make their allegiances to either urban or epic fantasy known. You may have kept your preferences a secret until now, but we hope you’ll take the time to confirm your #TeamUrban or #TeamEpic tendencies loud and clear over the course of the week.
Here are the authors and books that are on the teams:
- Team Urban Fantasy:
- Guardian of Secrets (Library Jumpers, #2) by Brenda Drake
- Fanning the Flames (Going Down in Flames, #4) by Chris Cannon
- Spindle by Shonna Slayton
- Inbetween by Tara Fuller
- Salt by Danielle Ellison
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
- Atlantis Rising by Gloria Craw
- Team Epic Fantasy:
- Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1) by Erica Cameron
- Garden of Thorns by Amber Mitchell
- True North (True Born, #2) by L.E. Sterling
- In Truth & Ashes (Otherselves, #3) by Nicole Luiken
- Relic by Renee Collins
- The Summer Marked (The Winter People, #2)
- Greta and the Goblin King (Mylena Chronicles, #1) by Chloe Jacobs
Urban vs. Epic Fantasy Week Schedule:
- Tuesday, February 28th: Team Urban vs. Team Epic Fantasy Twitter Chat @ 9-10 pm EST
- Wednesday Mar. 1st: Bloggers post a feature with authors who ascribe to #TeamUrban
- Thursday, Mar. 2nd: Bloggers post a feature with authors on #TeamEpic
- Friday, Mar. 3rd: Bloggers and authors can write / share related posts, including: why they’re Team Urban or Team Epic, their Top 5/10 Fave Urban or Epic Fantasy Reads, and/or the Top 5 Reasons They Loved _____ (an urban or epic fantasy read)
I personally am not sure which of the two teams I’m on yet, because I like one of the books on each team a ton!!! Now, along with all the fun above, there is a giveaway, so you can go enter that below!