The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. Once again trying to keep up and doing okay. But still a little behind. Only one review this week, but as I did six mini-reviews last week, I’m okay with that. I’m slowly catching up, but of course also getting behind. I had planned to use Monday to get a bunch done, but then I took more hours at the bookstore to work on saving money for my trip to ApollyCon in Orlando at the end of March. I need to work on saving money because as you’ll see from my Stacking the Shelves section of this post I’ve been buying lots of books to get autographed! I did figure out I probably need to take two suitcases to Orlando, since I can check 2 bags up to 50 pounds each for free on Southwest Airlines. I found a great deal on another suitcase at Gordman’s. Check out this awesome $36 deal!
It’s bright and colorful and not just normal colors so it should be easy to find at the airport!
Okay, really quick, here is a list of what you might have missed on the blog last week:
- Book Blitzes: Heathered Country by G.M. Scherbert (Giveaway), The Renegade Saints – Complete Series by Ella Fox (Giveaway), Love Story (Love Unexpectedly #3) by Lauren Layne, Ceruleans series by Charlotte Wilson (Giveaway), and Still Love You by Allie Everhart (Giveaway)
- Review: Tinder Nightmares by Unspirational
- Can’t Wait Wednesday #4: Duels and Deceptions by Cindy Anstey
- Cover Reveals: Shutter Speed and Freeze Frame by Freya Barker and K.T. Dove (Giveaway), For Love or Freedom by Lili Mahoney, and Realm Enforcers series by Rebecca Zanetti
- I also did a promotion for Inkitt publishing company and their current novel writing contest HERE. I entered my one story that I finished as well!
I got a hair cut and color that was a major change from the long hair I’ve had lately.
So, coming up this next week I hope to get several reviews done if possible. Here’s the proposed plans for this week on the blog:
- Cover reveals: Deathstalkers MC Boxed Set by Alexis Noelle, Dark Protector by Celia Aaron, and All the Frogs in Manhattan by Carrie Aarons
- Promo/Blitzes: Rhys by D.B. James, Beard Mode by Lani Lynn Vale, Heathered Country by G.M. Scherbert, and Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot
- Reviews: Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas, Wallbanger series by Alice Clayton (#1-3 audiobooks)
- Possible reviews: Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot, Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller, The Cinderella Arrangement and Dirty Prince by Vanessa Waltz
- Possible Cover Characteristic: Teapots, or maybe do last week’s topic of cards.
I’m starting to get behind on reviews again, so if I have time this week there may be a lot of mini-reviews again. For instance, I’ll probably do one big post for the books by the same author or in the same series. I need to get to the gym again, but that seems to be getting pushed out of the way by a lot of other things these days.
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. Once again I’ve got a lot of books, but like I mentioned above, it is to prepare for the book conventions I’m going to in March. I’ll probably have another big haul next weekend because of the print on demand books that I’m still waiting to arrive. As usual I’ve downloaded way too many free e-books to really show you all of them.
First a books for trade score! I love Amanda Hawking’s Trylle series, so I had been excited by any new book by her. I didn’t get to my e-galley before it expired, and then in a review I heard this was related to the Trylle series, so I put up a big ARC I had to get it.
These are all books I purchased from the bookstore where I work. I’ve read the bottom one, but loved it, need to review it soon. The top four are all new to me, and Riveted of course just came out on Tuesday. The top four are all authors that I can meet next month at the two conventions I’m going to. I’ve met Jay Crownover before, but will definitely get more autographed from her!
This is my haul from the Half Price Bookstore stop I made this week. While I’ve read the bottom two, and listed to Wallbanger, all except for the very top book are for getting autographs at the book conventions. The top one is a third in a series I’ve really liked, so when I saw it at the HPB, I had to get it.
So, I read this one from a free ebook, and just did it because it is a local Kansas City author that will be at the Kinky in Kansas City convention in a couple weeks. I had to buy it to get it autographed, even though I guess she will only now be walking around the convention since she couldn’t get books in time to sell. But I loved this one, especially all the KC references, like about Eric Hosmer, one of our Royals baseball team players.
Those are my scores for the week. What did you add to your shelves?