The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. Catching up on my end of the week posts. Thinking next year I’ll maybe only do end of the month wrap up posts, and just stacking the shelves each week. I don’t know we’ll see. But anyway, let’s get on with this week’s post.
Last week on my blog:
- Promo Posts: Hero High – by Mina Chara (author interview and giveaway), This Piece of My Soul by Robyn M. Ryan (giveaway), Thrust by Sybil Bartel (giveaway), Membrane by Michele Corriel (giveaway), and Elf by Max Dune (giveaway)
- Review: Teach Me to Forget by Erica M. Chapman
- Let’s Get 2016 Over With Giveaway – Part 2 – closes on Tuesday followed by another giveaway later the same day! Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the post to the newest Rafflecopter.
- Waiting on Wednesday – The X-Files: Origins: Agents of Chaos by Kami Garcia
So, as you can see, I didn’t get my goal of two reviews done this week. I’m going to go with how busy things have been. My goal is to get everything caught up over Christmas break. At least two reviews a day. I want to start 2017 fresh! I have school Monday and Tuesday, then no students on Wednesday, but meetings for teachers. Then I’ll be working at the bookstore Thursday, have Christmas at my mom’s house on Friday, since I have to work basically all day at the bookstore on Christmas Eve. Probably will do Christmas at my dad’s house on Christmas day. So you’ll probably get a Sunday update since it is on a Sunday. No exercise still. But let me tell you my newest addiction, Lularoe clothing. I love their leggings and I can’t seem to stop buying! I’ve got a couple pairs of Christmas leggings, hoping to wear them this week. The consultant I first met at a party does live video sales on Facebook, which is so dangerous! Last night I bought another pair of leggings, and a new shirt. Friday we had a bunch of shopping booths at school, including two Lularoe consultants, and I bought two shirts. But here, you have to check out my cool dachshund leggings.
Coming up this week on my blog:
- Promo Posts: Swing by Adriana Locke, Surprise release from Lindsay Marie Miller, Incandescently by Sylvie Parizeau, and Because You Want Me by Ava Claire
- Let’s Get 2016 Over With a Giveaway – Part 3
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Reviews – Calamity Jane: How the West Began by Bryan Ney, Prude by Jordan S. Gray, Naming the Stars by Susan Koefod
- Possible Reviews: United by Melissa Landers (audiobook), The Royals Trilogy by Erin Watt, The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorenson, Samantha Young novella
Hoping to get at least one review a day done. Wish me luck with that! Probably no trips to the gym. Although I still need to check out the Planet Fitness that is closer to me and see if I can switch my membership to that location. I also need to start looking at all of my challenges and see how I’ve done on them. I only have 4 more books left to reach my much upped goal for Goodreads. That should be done this week for sure. Also wanting to get some writing done over break. Want to work on finishing my NaNoWriMo novel.
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. Once again I’m sure there is absolutely no way I can tell you all the free ebooks I’ve downloaded in the past week. But I’ll show the physical stuff!
First let’s look at the awesome December package I got from my OTSP Secret sister. Lots of cool things, dinosaurs, minions, a dachshund POP figure, and dark chocolate galore! You can see an autographed copy of Idols by Margaret Stohl in the center, can’t wait to read this one! If you haven’t heard of the OTSP Secret Sisters, you should go HERE to check it out and see about signing up in a future round. This is my second round, and I’m loving it! So much fun to try to find things that my secret sis will like according to her interests, and then to see what fun things my sister will send me.
So, these three books are ones that I was gifted. The first and last ones came from the Great Paperback Pay It Forward Facebook group, although I think I shared the Finding Cinderella last week. The one in the middle I won from the author, another Facebook giveaway, can’t wait to read it!
All three of these books are ones I purchased at the bookstore where I work.