Time to look back at the month! While I didn’t do a Sunday Post this week, I was on vacation until yesterday, out of town, so I feel it is okay. Plus, I didn’t get that many books, so I’ll share next Sunday instead. I think I may have a new challenge to talk about next month though. I’ve joined into a Comment Challenge for June. And hope to continue with the rest of the summer months as well.
I’ll keep you updated on that weekly!
So far I’m keeping up with this, with one a month, although I have two ideas for topics right now. I don’t know if I’ll do both in June, or save one for July. You can check out my May discussion: This Review Should Come With a Warning – Or is it okay to review New Adult, Adult, and Young Adult on the Same Blog? You can click on the button above to see my sign up post for my goals.
Now this next challenge is my own challenge, one I started back in December to try to get through all those series that everyone else loves, and I have yet to start, but maybe already have the first one sitting on my TBR shelf. I didn’t do so well this month. Didn’t really start anything new. Although I have started some that I’ll be able to share in my June wrap up. You can click on the button above to find out more about it!
Once again I’ve linked to my original post with the button above. This is another challenge that I didn’t quite live up to this month. However, as with the last challenge, I’ve got a few to talk about in June, and with it being summer break, expect a lot more!
My original post is linked in the button above. I’m not doing so great. While I did give feedback on one book in May, I also downloaded some others, and so my feedback ratio is down to 69%. Here is the one book that matched this goal for May:
- True Born by L.E. Sterling
If you click the button above you can see my original goals. Let’s go through them one by one again:
- While I mentioned above that Netgalley wasn’t doing great for my downloading, I have definitely done better with Edelweiss. I’ll go write it down in my calendar, and then only go to download it if I know I’m going to have time and actually read it.
- While I didn’t technically post every day of the month, for example yesterday, I did have a lot of posts to take up every day. And I don’t see things slowing down in June! But with it being summer, I hope that I won’t feel overwhelmed and can hopefully get more done ahead. Like all the reviews I’m behind on!
- I haven’t been as great at commenting this month because of all the end of school stuff. But with the comment challenge I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I plan to pick it back up this month!
- Still on top of the monthly wrap up posts!
- Still reaching my goal of two or more reviews a week. With all the ebooks I was reading through last month, I’ve had quite a few to share!
- Personal goals: Still no money saved. In fact, because I spent a bit too much at Comic Con a week or so ago, and then I didn’t get my end of the month paycheck until today, I had to borrow money from my mom to have fun in Branson this past weekend. I did meet my walking goal of twice a week. I haven’t done my reward yet. Still deciding between a new Alta Fit Bit, or a pair of Tom’s, and of course the reward will have to wait till I get some money. I will be upping my exercise goal to three times a week. May not get that many done this week, but will stick to my twice a week for sure. My three times a week goal will be until the end of July.
So I did get one this month. You can see my goals for this challenge by clicking on the button above if you’d like.
- Lady Renegades (Rebel Belle #3) by Rachel Hawkins
I mentioned last month about how I’m hoping to do some more writing this month. I’ve set up a writing retreat at a friend’s condo in Fort Collins, CO, at the end of June. This is just for me. My former writing partner doesn’t seem to be able to go this time. But I’m looking forward to going and getting some alone time, both for writing and even for reading. Remember if you’re interested in the stories I’ve worked on, the YA novel I finished in 2014’s NaNoWriMo is on Swoon Reads HERE. And the NA novel I need to finish up is on Wattpad HERE.
Whew! That’s a lot of challenges to wrap up! I’d love to do some other statistics too, but it takes so much time just for the above! So maybe I’ll just do quick numbers, and not list actual books.
- # of books read: 27
- # of reviews posted on blog: 15
I’ll see what other statistics I might want to post next month. Thanks for stopping by!