So this month I didn’t do very well with my normal Sunday posts. It just didn’t seem to work out. So there are a lot of books I did get this month that I haven’t shared. I’m going to try to start again next week, with the first Sunday in March and get back to that. But for my one goal of doing the monthly wrap ups of my challenges, I’m still on track this 2nd month of the year. Last month at this time I was behind on my Goodreads goal, but this month, due to my picking up and devouring a new series, I am ahead. Only one book at this moment though because that series has created a huge obsession to where I am listening to the audiobooks of the books that I’ve already read because I need my #Hessa fix. More about that in a bit.
As usual I’m going to start with my own challenge. My goal for this challenge was to start 4 new series this year. You can read about the challenge if you click on the button above, you can even still sign up yourself! I started one new series last month, The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd. This month I started, and finished, a new series that wasn’t even in my original plan. It is the series I am now seriously obsessed with. I think about the characters all the time. I’m listening to the audiobook of the 2nd book, even though I actually read the 2nd book, and will probably soon listen to the audiobook of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th as I am able to get them! I own all the books now, and probably am going to try to buy the digital downloads of their audiobooks because of how much I love listening to the story. They make walking at the gym go by so fast! Here is that series:
- After by Anna Todd
I loved it so much I’m offering a giveaway of any of the books in the series that you want, it is international as long as The Book Depository ships to you. You can enter by clicking on the link above, you have until the middle of March to enter. I loved the book so much, I even spent time at work one day making a Someecard for it:
And if you follow me on Twitter, you’ll probably see lots of tweets from me about this. Usually with the tag of #Hessa.
Okay, how am I doing on this one? Well, none of my choices which you can see in the original post HERE, were ones that I got to. The only one I think I can count is one that I got an ARC of last year towards the end of the year.
- Titans by Victoria Scott
During March I will have a week of spring break, and even though I told my part time job that I had all the days free to work, looks like they still only have me working 2 days that week. So my goal for that week is going to be to try to finish 5 books, which is about a book a day.
Yeah, none this month. So let’s move on from the depressing part of not doing what I needed. 🙁
- My goal about not downloading egalleys is going well. Now when I find them on Edelweiss or Netgalley, if they are ones I don’t have to request, then I just write them down in my calendar in the month they’d be published and wait to download them, just in case I can’t get to them. If I have to request them, then they have to be ones that I really, really want.
- I’ve tried harder about not having to post every day of the month, and have continued to do better about it. Both Friday and Saturday of this past week, I didn’t post. And while in the back of my brain I was thinking about what can I post, I just took a break.
- I’m trying harder to go comment on other blogs, going through my GFC scroll on nights that I don’t have a post to get done, and trying to click on more of the emails I get to go to the posts and comment more.
- This post keeps me up to date with my end of the month challenge post.
- For the most part I’ve done 2 reviews a week. If you average out how many I’ve done for the month, then I’m good. But this After series obsession is really hurting me on the audiobook and reading in bed at night fronts. I often go to bed listening to the audiobooks instead of reading like I was doing. So that is something that needs to be worked on in March!
- For personal goals I still haven’t saved any money. Although I’m hoping to be good with my tax return, depending how much it is, and spend it to get a new air conditioner for my house. Although I do really want the new Fitbit that comes out this next month. That goes along with my other personal goal of getting to the gym. I’ve been once a week this past month, and I have the goal of doing that until spring break. If I do, then I am going to start saving money and thinking about my next tattoo. 🙂 Hoping that after spring break, and during, I’ll start going to the gym, or walking twice a week.
You can see all of my goals by clicking HERE.
Hmm, this is an interesting one. I just signed up for it last month. I set my goal at Level 3, which was to read 10-15 this year, more specifically 12. I got one done last month. The only thing I can possibly count for this month is finishing the After series. So, again, hoping March and spring break will get me back on track! In fact maybe I should do some planning on what to read in March, especially during spring break week, like I see some blogs doing.
That’s my progress this month. How did you do with your challenges? One other thing I’m planning to do is set up another giveaway for my It’s New to Me Challenge that I mentioned at the top of this post. It will be for participants only, and I’ll have them link up to their reviews!