The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
Last week on the blog:
- Cover Characteristic: Televisions
- Promo post: The Caretaker’s Guide to Fablehaven by Brandon Mull and Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall
- October New Release Giveaway – open till the end of October, go enter HERE.
- Review: The Anatomy of Curiosity by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff.
So, it looks like I only did one review this past week, right? But that’s just not so. I did finish and review The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow, but since I had received the book from Liza at Reading with ABC, I had to give her the review to post on her blog. But don’t worry, I’ll post a link to it tomorrow when she is supposed to post it. I also did not get anything posted on Thursday, it just was a busy week. And it seems the weeks just get busier and busier. It took me all week to finally finish Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl, and it’s not because it wasn’t interesting! I just didn’t seem to have much time to read.
This week on the blog:
- Promo Post: Roses are Red (Blood, Sweat, and Tears #1) by J.B. Kantt
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Promo Post: Hawk by Marie Powell
- Cover Characteristic: Phones
- Reviews: Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl, Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins, maybe Willful Machines by Tim Floreen.
I’ve had a writing date today, intend to have one on this coming Friday as well. But it is my birthday week, which means always at school we are having parent-teacher conferences. So on my actual birthday I’ll be in the library during conferences. As I mentioned earlier, I haven’t been getting as much reading done as I wish I was. I have been listening to a book I’m enjoying in my car, Rebel Belle, and I’m enjoying it. However I need to really get back to the gym. A friend of mine said she used the couch to 5K app and just ran her first 5K this weekend. I’ve walked a 5K, but would love to be able to run! So I downloaded the app today and think I’m going to try it as well. I’ve been doing well with making sure to not request too many e-galleys, so very proud of myself there. On Instagram I’ve missed a day or two, one of them because I couldn’t think of a book to do. But I plan to get caught up in the next day or so and back on track. Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I bought my ticket for NOLA Story Con 2016! Can’t wait to go back to New Orleans, as well as see all the great authors there, like my new favorite, Jennifer L. Armentrout! Anyone else been there before? Or planning on going next year?
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. It was a pretty good week for physical books, Monday was an awesome day for book mail actually! So let’s start with those actual books:
- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I had to purchase so I could read on in this series that I loved the first book so much! More about a book blogging protagonist and the hot Daemon.
- Let Me Off at the Top! by Ron Burgandy (Will Ferrell) – It was on the bargain table at the bookstore where I work, and I love Will Ferrell, and the Anchorman movies.
- Talker 25 and Invisible Monsters by Joshua McCune – Another prize won from the YA Scavenger Hunt a few weeks ago! An awesome win!
- Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris – I got this to review from Blogging for Books. I found out about this from another blog, and was so excited to see this book there.