Thanks to Mary at Bookhounds YA for tagging me to do this fun post.
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Cashier at Chuck E. Cheese
- Bookseller at Barnes and Noble
- Middle School Science Teacher
- High School Librarian
Four movies I have watched more than once:
I watch movies over and over if I like them, so there are so many more than four. Here are some of my very favorites.
1. What’s Your Number?
The movie where I first really fell in love with Chris Evans.
I saw this movie a ton of times in the theater, almost made it a point to see it once a week until it was no longer in the theaters.
3. The Karate Kid
When I was younger, we watched this at my dad’s house over and over. Have it memorized.
4. The Lost Boys
Another movie I loved and watched over and over when I was a teenager. Part of my love of Corey Haim. And of course Kiefer Sutherland wasn’t bad either! (other than the mullet that is)
Four books I would recommend:
1. How Full is Your Bucket? by Tom Rath
I think everyone should have to read this. Either your senior year of high school, or sometime in college. It really helps when something small that someone else does, like not saying hello when they walk past you, bugs you. It’s a short, easy read.
2. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
As someone who suffers depression, I feel that reading this book is so good for people who have never felt this. Who think that suicide is selfish, and don’t understand how anyone could commit it. And it really goes along with the book above. Just a small thing can make such a difference to someone else, you don’t know what else they are dealing with, and what you say or do, or don’t say or do, can be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, or the silver lining that makes them ready for another day.
3.Swan Song by Robert McCammon
Anyone who is a fan of post-apocalyptic books, especially like Stephen King’s The Stand, this is a great book. I used to read it over and over, and it is a long one!
4. A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry
Anyone who enjoyed The Fault in our Stars might enjoy this. It is not really a romance book exactly, but there is a teen and her sister, one dying of cancer. The story was one that really grabbed me when I was younger, and it is another book I used to read over and over.
Four places I have visited:
- Tulum and Cancun, Mexico – the only time I’ve ever been out of the country
- New York City – my sister moved there around 3 or 4 years ago, and I love going to visit!
- Seattle, Washington – I got to go there when my mom and stepdad stopped there before they went on an Alaskan cruise. I also have an aunt and uncle that live there. Unfortunately this was before Twilight, so I didn’t even know I’d want to visit Forks. But I did get to see Mount St. Helens which was smoking a bit at the time.
- Bozemon, Montana – Where the paleontologist that Dr. Grant in Jurassic Park was based on had a dig. I actually got to work on the dig for about a week, but unfortunately did not get to meet that paleontologist while I was there.
Four places I would rather be right now:
- Visiting my sister in NYC
- In Orlando at the Harry Potter park
- In a better house with out loud neighbors and a fenced yard for my dog
- I can’t think of any other place, I’m at home with my puppies right now, pretty happy with that.
Four things I don’t eat:
- Most vegetables
- Most fruits, although I do like juices or smoothies with fruit in them
- Sushi – I’ve tried it once, of course that was cooked, and I might try it again, but it was actually the cucumber in it that I didn’t like
- Mint – I don’t like mint, or mint flavored anything
Four of my favorite foods:
- Cheese – cubes, queso dip, shredded, cheese sticks, you name it, I love it
- Dark chocolate
- Chicken tenders – fried of course
- Ranch dressing. Just about everything tastes good dipped in it
Four TV shows that I watch:
- The Big Bang Theory
- The Walking Dead
- Downton Abbey
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
- Even though it means I don’t get to go to BEA this year, I’m looking forward to Memorial Day weekend in Branson with my mom’s side of the family. It’s a yearly tradition where we stay in cabins and go shopping at the outlet malls and just hang out by the river. Very relaxing, and lots of good family memories. And bargains as well, I usually get a great deal on a purse at the Coach outlet.
- Getting a new look for my blog. I’ve got a friend working on a new image for me that will have not only my dog Sydney that is on here now, but since I lost her a few years ago, it will also have the two dogs I have now.
- Working on getting back to eating more healthy, as well as walking 20 miles a week again.
- Continuing being a school librarian, a job that I love!
Four things that I’m always saying:
This is a hard one, I don’t know that I say the same things a lot. I do say a lot of quotes from movies or TV shows. So maybe I’ll pick some of those? I don’t know, let’s see what I think of.
- How did I get so lucky to get the two cutest dogs in the world?
- I don’t wanna get up!
- Great review!
- Bad dog Argyle!
Four people I tag:
- Pili at In Love With Handmade
- Michelle at Michelle’s Minions
- Ellen at Random Smiles
- And YOU! If you want to participate, join in and come back and leave me a link to your post so I can check it out!
Aww, I love that you love your dogs so much. I feel the same way about my cats. The Lost Boys is one of my favorite movies, I've seen it at least 100 times. I need to read Thirteen Reasons Why, I don't know why I haven't yet. Mmmmm….cheese and ranch dressing! Good stuff! No BEA? Aw, that sucks. I can't wait to see the new blog look!
Thanks for the tag, I'll do this later!
Michelle @ Michelle's Minions
Pets are our babies these days! You should read Thirteen Reasons Why, wait, I said that already in my post, didn't I? 🙂 Can't afford BEA this year unfortunately, plus it will interfere with my family's annual trip to Branson, so I have to skip it this year. Getting some feedback from my friend who is working on my new blog look, so I'm getting excited too! May not be done till closer to summer, but that's okay. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to come back and post a link when you get around to doing this!
Thanks for visiting my post! I will look forward to your new blog design.
I am as well. So excited for a change!
Great lists! I can definitely understand wanting to get away from loud neighbors. We had awful neighbors at our last house and even though it's been 5 years since we moved I still appreciate not living next door to them anymore!
I don't think even when I lived in apartments that I had this noisy of neighbors! Oh well, the townhome is rented, and the people usually don't stay for more than a year, and then I get a few months, sometimes almost a year with no one next door!
I strangely can't picture Chris Evans as anything other than Captain America haha. I know he's been in quite a few movies, but the only other one I've seen him in is Fantastic Four (I think that was him…)
I really need to get started on The Walking Dead! It's been recommended to me so many times, but I just haven't had the time! Too many other shows to watch! haha
You need to go watch this movie. He's so cute and funny! Love the Walking Dead. I feel the same way about Doctor Who. I'm told I need to watch it, and it sounds good, but I don't have time for new shows! 🙂
Great answers! I hadn't heard of What's Your Number?, but will definitely be checking it out if Chris Evans is in it! Love him! I'm a Downton addict too 🙂
You need to watch it! It is so cute and funny! I started watching the DVDs of Downton Abbey last spring, and now I"m hooked!
I posted mine HERE Thanks for the tag!
Michelle @ Michelle's Minions
Heading right over to check your post out! Thanks for participating!
Chris Evans is my EVERYTHING. And I loved that movie. I had never seen him in a comedic role before (well…I guess Scott Pilgrim counts), so it was refreshing.
That's too bad about BEA, but your Memorial Day sounds hella relaxing!
I know! I call him my future husband that just doesn't know it yet. He was in Scott Pilgrim? Guess I have to watch that again!!! I hate missing out on BEA, but it is what it is. Thanks for stopping by!