Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word. It is sponsored by Crazy for Books. This week’s question is:
If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?
This is a hard one. I almost feel like I would like to be in the world in the book Delirium by Lauren Oliver or the world in Matched by Ally Condie. You may ask why, as these are both dystopian books. However both have something that I think I might like. In the first one, all humans are “cured” of the disease of love. I think, since I’m alone and single and getting pretty old, that if I didn’t feel I needed love, then my life might be easier. Also, in both books you are usually set up with someone else that is your “match”. And in that case, instead of not minding being alone, I wouldn’t have to be alone. Kinda depressing reason, I know, but that’s what I first thought of with this question. On a sillier note, I would like to be Bella in Twilight for a day, but when she’s enjoying Edward, like their honeymoon in Breaking Dawn, as opposed to one of the battles or dangerous scenes. 🙂
New this week! I keep seeing everyone who does the Blogger Hop tend to do Follow Fridays, so I thought I’d join as well. I’d like to find more book blogs, as well as get some more followers. I know because I have under 100 followers, that sometimes the Net Galley publishers won’t let me have their books, so I thought I’d work on getting my followers up through this. So here goes.
Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers, they also have a feature blogger chosen randomly, and to participate you must follow them as well. This is sponsored by Parajunkee. They also have a question to answer, and here is this week’s question.
It’s circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them…
1. I keep a journal where I keep track of all the books I’ve read, and when I started them and when I finished them. Even if it’s a book that I’ve read before, if it takes up reading time, it goes in the book. I like to keep track of how many books I read in a year, and I started it before I found Goodreads.com.
2. I prefer to use the bathroom at home as much as possible, because I feel like if I can’t read during that time, it’s such a waste of time. Silly, and weird, I know. But I hate to give up any minute that I could spend reading, when it seems sometimes I have so little time to read.
3. I have to have the light switches in certain positions. There is a light switch panel in my downstairs living room that has a switch for the light, the ceiling fan, and the stairway light to go upstairs. During the day, I need the stairway light switch to be down if the light is not on. I have a similar preference for the light switches at the top and bottom of the basement stairs. Don’t know why, just prefer it that way.
4. I like to write, or at least start stories, but I never seem to finish them. I always want to put my daydreams down on paper, if not to publish, just so I could read them again when I want to enjoy them.
5. I talk to my dog and pretend she’s talking back. I live alone, give me a break. 🙂
Welcome to any new followers I get from this! Leave me a message and I’ll come follow you as well!